GIHOC Distilleries Company Limited
GIHOC Distilleries Company Limited was the first modern distillery to be established in West Africa. It was established by the pre-independence Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) in 1958 as the State Distilleries Corporation for the manufacture of alcoholic beverages. By NLCD 207. It however became a division of the then Ghana Industrial Holding Corporation (GIHOC) in 1968.
In 1980, the Distillery, together with 15 other divisions of GIHOC, was re-registered and incorporated as a Limited Liability Company and a wholly owned subsidiary of GIHOC, under the Companies Code, 1963 (ACT 179). Following the closure of GIHOC, and subsequently the repeal of the statute incorporating it in 1993, GIHOC Distilleries became and has since remained a Limited Liability Company, wholly owned by the Government of Ghana.